ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. ~
Winston Churchill




Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Woman in White

I love reading old British novels.  I thoroughly enjoy getting caught up in the language of them.  Some of my favorites are many of the Jane Austen novels (which I love to re-read), The Complete Collection of Sherlock Holmes, Rebecca, The Moonstone and The Scarlet Pimpernel to name a few.

I'm currently reading The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins and I'm really enjoying this book.  I'm just over half way through this novel - it's a big one at 617 pages.  I've been reading it every chance I get but not rushing through it - I'm savoring this story.  It's a mystery involving two sisters and a mysterious woman dressed all in white. I love the main character Marion - she's tough and smart. 

If you enjoy mysteries and are looking for a good book to read, I highly recommend this one.  Here's a few interesting facts about this book:  It's the original murder mystery that started the whole murder mystery genre; and it's never been out of print since its initial publication in 1859.

Well, back to my reading - I'm excited to see how it ends! 

No comments: