If you're looking for an amazing pumpkin bread recipe for Thanksgiving dinner, look no further - I have the perfect one to share with you. I'll be taking a plate full of this super yummy bread to our family dinner this year.
It's loaded with spices - especially an abundance of ginger which makes taste buds very, very happy. As an added bonus your house smells fabulous while it's baking. Trust me, this one's a keeper - you'll thank me after taking your first bite. :)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large mixing, combine sugar, oil and eggs; beat until smooth. Add water and beat until well blended. Stir in pumpkin, ginger, allspice cinnamon, and clove.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend just until all ingredients are mixed. Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.