I tried several new recipes this year - some turned out pretty good and some turned out absolutely delicious. Here are two recipes that we thoroughly enjoyed. An added plus is they're both easy to make. Hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
RECIPE #1 is from Allrecipes.
Candy Cane Fudge
RECIPE #2 is from Kraft Recipes.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages vanilla baking chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups crushed candy canes
- 1 dash red or green food coloring
- Line an 8 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, and grease the foil.
- Combine the vanilla chips and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until almost melted, remove from heat and continue to stir until smooth. When chips are completely melted, stir in the peppermint extract, food coloring, and candy canes.
- Spread evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan. Chill for 2 hours, then cut into squares.
Chocolate Cookie Bark
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 pkg. (6 squares) BAKER'S White Chocolate, melted
- 10 OREO Cookies, coarsely crushed, divided
- 1 pkg. (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
DirectionsADD peanut butter to white chocolate; mix well. Stir half the crushed cookies into each bowl of melted chocolate.
DROP spoonfuls of the chocolate mixtures onto waxed paper-covered baking sheet, alternating colors of chocolates. Swirl with knife.
REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.