ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. ~
Winston Churchill




Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad


Today is my Dad's third birthday since he passed away.  He would have been 80 years old today.  I snapped this picture of my parents when we (Brad, Zack, Bo and me) went to visit them on their mission in Nauvoo, Illinois.  They were in charge of the Carthage Jail Visitor Center and conducted tours through the jail - the building behind them in this photo is Carthage Jail.  We were fortunate enough to have our own personal tour given by my Dad. 

I'm so grateful we were able to go spend time with them and share some of their experiences in Nauvoo.  I know it's something I'll always remember and so will my boys.  We had such a great time!  I have so very many wonderful memories of my Dad.  He was and is a super Dad. 

I still miss him but have come to feel that he's not too far away.  I like to think he's become my family's guardian angel and is always there to watch over and help us.  Happy Birthday Dad and thank you so much for being such a great Dad! 

No comments: