ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. ~
Winston Churchill




Monday, May 30, 2011

Sugar-Spice Nuts


This is another one of my favorite recipes.  I discovered it many years ago in a Taste of Home magazine - you can find it on their website but here's my version which I've modified a little.  I've made these nuts many, many times over the years and it's become a favorite of my family (this was one of my dad's favorite treats) and extended family - not to mention my co-workers.  :) They're simple to make and taste divine.  Mmmm!!

SUGAR-SPICE NUTS
 Ingredients:
¾ c. sugar
3 T. water
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp ground cloves
¼ tsp ground allspice
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
2 ½ c. pecan halves
1 cup whole unblanched almonds  (I've changed the ratio of Pecans to Almonds because we like the Pecans more.)    

In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well.  Add nuts and stir until coated.  Spread evenly in a greased 15-in. by 10-in. by 1-in. baking pan.  Bake at 250 degrees for 60 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes.  Spread on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet to cool.  Store in an airtight container.  Yield: 3 ½ cups.

No comments: