ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. ~
Winston Churchill




Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Soft Gingersnap Cookies with White Chocolate Chips

I tried this recipe on a whim last week - I just felt like baking something and picked these yummy looking cookies to try.  I wasn't disappointed.  They are absolutely delicious!  My whole family loved them and I hate to admit how many I ate but boy were they worth it.  I found the recipe at For the Love of Cooking site.  I've added this recipe into our favorite cookies recipes and plan to make them again soon.  Yumm!!!

Soft Gingersnap Cookies with White Chocolate Chips

  • 1 cup of butter, softened
  • 1 cup of white sugar (plus some to roll the dough in)
  • 1/2 cup of molasses
  • 2 Tbsp canola oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp fresh nutmeg, grated (I just used ground nutmeg)
  • 2 large egg
  • 3 1/2 - 4 cups of flour (The dough is sticky and I ended up using 4 cups flour to be able to handle it)
  • 2 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 pkg white chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
Beat the butter and sugar together until creamy. Add the molasses, canola oil, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg. (Hint: measure the oil into you measuring cup before pouring in the molasses, swirl and pour out then measure the molasses - it will pour right out without sticking.) Beat until mixed. Add the egg and continue to beat until well combined. 
Add the baking soda and salt to the flour and mix really well. Slowly add the flour mixture into the molasses mixture until well combined. Add the white chocolate chips and mix into the dough. Scoop the dough into walnut sized balls (it will be very sticky) and roll into some white sugar (I used about 1/4 cup in a cereal bowl). Place on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart. 
Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 3 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Lauriann said...

I somehow missed this one, last time I looked. I'll have to try it out. I have a soft gingersnap recipe I love, but I've never tried with white chocolate. sounds delicious. :)