ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. ~
Winston Churchill




Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Yummy Cookie! - Vanilla Wafer Cookies

I usually don't bake treats during the week - I only seem to find time to bake on the weekends.  But when I saw this recipe, I didn't want to wait to try it out and made a quick batch last night.  Boy am I glad I did - Yumm!  They're so simple to make and delicious to boot - definitely worth passing along.  I also liked that the recipe only makes about 2 dozen cookies - I'm sure you could easily double or triple it if you need a big batch.

 Winston told me several times how much he liked them and kept thanking me for making "yummy cookies" for him. I'll be making these again. Hope you enjoy them too!

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (I did use about 1/4 cup more)
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets (I flattened them a little). Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown (I baked mine for 14 minutes and they came out crispy on the outside, chewy inside.  Cook longer if you love a crispy cookie). Remove to a wire rack to cool.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Oooooooooo, those sound yummy! And way less butter than most cookie recipes too, nice.