ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. ~
Winston Churchill




Saturday, January 1, 2011

Another New Year

Another year has gone by and here I am again faced with a new year to plan for - resolutions to make and goals to set.  The question is, what do I want to accomplish this year?

I haven't yet had time to find an answer for this question.  I hope to be able to put some thinking time in this weekend towards figuring out what I want to do with this year 2011.  I know I don't want to just make the traditional goals to lose weight; to spend more time with my family; to save more money; to spend more time on myself.

These are all good things and I plan to continue working on each of them but this year I feel a distinct need to dig deeper. I want to find that now secret wish or desire I've buried somewhere down inside me - to address and to finally accomplish this long forgotten something.  I just need some quiet time to contemplate what this is....  That's the big question for me to answer this year - how to rediscover me.

For now, I want to wish my dear family and friends a very 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!  

Good Luck with your own resolutions.  I'd love to hear about them if you'd like to share.  : )

4 comments:

Lauriann said...

Are you going to let us know what you discover?

The Shafer Family said...

You bet. I'm still trying to find the quiet moment to sit and think so it may be a few days...

Susan said...

I volunteer for Hospice and recently we had a presentation about being (or becoming) our authentic selves. It was a really good presentation by a lady who has always struggled finding out who she really is and then sharing that freely with the people in her life. She framed it in such a great way saying that being authentic and sharing that is how we can best connect with others and enrich each others lives.
It made so much sense I decided it would be one of my goals for 2011--to become my most authentic self (and to begin to figure out who that is).

The Shafer Family said...

Good luck Susan in finding your most authentic self. That's a great resolution for the new year.