ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. ~
Winston Churchill




Friday, January 14, 2011

My Resolutions


I've heard that the first step in accomplishing a goal is to write it down.  After putting a lot of thought into this, here's what I've come up with for my 2011 Resolutions:

1.  Make a positive impact on someone's life each day.  After a lot of thinking, I realized this is one of the deepest wishes of my heart, to make a difference, to help, to uplift and be a positive influence on those around me.  A simple thing but honestly it's really what I want to do - make my little corner of the world a better place through my actions and my attitude.
2.  Take a cooking class - I love to bake and would love to be able to learn new techniques and improve my skills - besides it sounds like fun.
3.  Learn to better control my reactions and not allow the actions of others to dictate how I react and how I feel.  I've learned over the years (through some not so very pleasant encounters) to try and do this but I still need to work on it.  I'll just take a deep breath and remember that someone's stupidity, inconsiderate behavior, anger and/or frustration doesn't have to become mine - and it won't unless I allow it to.
4.  Be a more patient and considerate driver.  I tend to grit my teath and mentally berate other drivers especially when I'm in a hurry (which is most of the time).  This one ties in well with #3.
5.  Run in a 10K and then a Half Marathon.  I did my first 5K last year and would love to build on that and be able to run for longer distances.  Guess I have a little bit of training ahead of me.  : )
6.  Take time each week to write down the highlights.  I'm not very good at journal writing (I think that's partly why I started blogging) and I don't want to forget about all the wonderful, strange, interesting, crazy things that happen in our family. 

Well that's it for this year.  Wish me luck!

P.S.  If you like the little wooden note book in the picture, you can find it here.  I think it's adorable and a great way to keep a handy little list of all those resolutions.  Good luck with yours!

No comments: