ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. ~
Winston Churchill




Thursday, February 10, 2011

Two Years

I find it hard to believe it's been two years since I lost my father.  It still feels like his passing happened only a few months ago, yet at the same time it seems like forever since I last saw him.  I miss my father - I'm sure I always will.  I do take comfort in knowing there will come a day when we'll be reunited.  How wonderful to have this hope.  Until then, I have many wonderful memories to think back on and I'll always be grateful for being blessed with such a wonderful father.  I love you Dad
I put together a list on our family blog of all the posts various family members have written about my dad.  It's comforting (even though it's a little hard at the same time) to look back at our thoughts and feelings during the past two years.  Here's a link to this post for anyone who would like to reminisce about Dad.

2 comments:

Lauriann said...

My thoughts were about him too. I'm glad the sting of pain isn't so sharp. It's more of a prick that I can live with. Except I don't like the thought that most of my life will be without him. He is most surely missed.

Bridget said...

I think about Grandpa almost every day... wondering what he is doing on the other side and how often he gets to make visits here. And though I miss him, my heart aches mostly for Grandma now. I cant imagine being away from half of your heart.