ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. ~
Winston Churchill




Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Garlic Bread - Mmmm!


I love garlic bread!  I love it with pizza, with spagetti, with chicken, with soup - well you get the idea.  I could eat it as a meal with just a side salad.  I've tried several recipes looking for the best.  There are lots of good ones out there, but I finally ended up tinkering around to come up with my own version.  Here's my recipe for delicious garlic bread.

GARLIC BREAD

1 loaf french bread, sliced in half length wise
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 Tbsp mayonaise
2 cloves of crushed or minced garlic
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp dried parsley
4 Tbsp shredded or grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all ingredients together until well blended.  Spread half the butter mixture on each half of the french bread.  Bake for 7 minutes and then turn on the broiler for 2 minutes or until bread begins to golden.  Slice and serve while warm.  
Variation - you can also top with 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese for a cheesy garlic bread.

No comments: