ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. ~
Winston Churchill




Friday, October 8, 2010

Pumpkin Cookies! Mmmmm!!

So I thought I'd get in my recipe for the month of October early.  This is a favorite of mine and Bo's - we both LOVE Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and this recipe is delicious.  Plus, the cookies stay soft.  I can almost taste the sweet spiced cakey pumpkin cookie with the chocolate bursts from the chips.  Yummy!  Hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

INGREDIENTS:
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 c. white sugar
½ c. vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. milk
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
1 T. vanilla extract
2 c. semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
½ c. chopped walnuts, optional

In a mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, oil and egg. Stir baking soda into milk and let dissolve; stir into pumpkin mixture. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.

1 comment:

Lauriann said...

I seriously don't know what is wrong with Roswell. There are no pumpkin cookies to be bought at any store. And that's a yearly treat for me. Kneaders and Macey's are the best. Guess I'll have to make my own this year.
Oh, and I couldn't find candy corns in Roswell either.