ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. ~
Winston Churchill




Thursday, August 12, 2010

Words to live by

I came across the following verses in my reading during the last few weeks and even though I've read and heard them before, these words really struck a cord with me this time.  I love the promised blessing of peace if we keep the Lord's commandments - not just in our actions but in our hearts (I could really use some peace in my life right now). 

PROVERBS 3:1-6 “…Forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments, for length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee. Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart; so shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”

Sometimes in this rush and hurried world it's easy to lose sight of what's truly important. This scripture reminded me that no matter what's going on in and around my life, I need to trust Heavenly Father. He will bless and guide me through all my struggles. These words are so comforting to me, especially since I know how flawed my own thinking can be at times (I blame it on hormones - sometimes it's hard to be a girl - emotions, pressure from others and the typical distractions in life - besides, nobody's perfect.  Right?).  I'm recommiting to try and do all I can to Trust in my Lord.  I hope some of that peace finds me along the way.  :)

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I love this! Thank you Holly! :)