ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. ~
Winston Churchill




Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Great Recipe - Rosemary Ranch Chicken

When I first started out blogging, I was going to try to post a recipe each week.  I guess I'm a little behind on that goal - I think maybe I'll just try for a favorite recipe of the month.  :)  I love to try out new recipes, especially ones that I can use at family parties or when we go to Lake Powell.  Desserts are my favorite recipes to try, but I also love finding a good main course dish.  Here's one that all my family loved - the chicken was so moist and flavorful.  Yumm!!!  I found this on my favorite recipe site - Allrecipes.com.  Here's the link.  Give it a try this weekend - it's great both in the oven or on the grill - you'll be glad you did. 
Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs

Ingredients:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup ranch dressing
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
1 tablespoon white sugar, or to taste (optional)
5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes

Directions:
In a medium bowl, stir together the olive oil, ranch dressing, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, salt, lemon juice, white vinegar, pepper, and sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes. Place chicken in the bowl, and stir to coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers and discard marinade.  Lightly oil the grill grate (I spray with the Pam Grill high heat spray). Grill skewers for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, and the juices run clear.  (Can also be baked - just spray a pan and pour the marinade over the skewers.  Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.)

No comments: