ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. ~
Winston Churchill




Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy February 29th!

What do you do with an extra day every four years?  The idea of getting an extra day is great - if only it could be a free day.  A day to hang out with family, have fun or relax, you get the idea.  Unfortunately, on leap year day, life goes on as usual - today I still had to go to work, do housework and all the usual stuff I do each day. 

But wouldn't it be nice to get a day free of your usual responsibilities each leap year?  A day to completely relax and have fun.  I guess I'm just missing some down time right now.  Work has been beyond busy and I've started training to run in a half marathon in June so needless to say, I don't have much free time. 

I'd really love a day off to read or watch some movies - old favorites and some I haven't seen yet, maybe do some shopping and browse online uninterrupted for a little while.  Wouldn't that be nice? Sigh!  I need a vacation.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

I am totally on board with your idea for leap year. Let's make it a real holiday! :)
And I hope you can get a vacation soon... Powell... sigh.

Lauriann said...

I hope you can get a break too. :) Too bad there's not such a thing as a work sitter, someone to come in and watch your work for awhile to give you a break.