ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. ~
Winston Churchill




Friday, July 30, 2010

Grateful to be a Mom

Wow, where has July gone?  I could swear that the 4th was just last weekend and yet here we are at the end of the month already.  So, I'm one of the Relief Society teachers in our ward and it was my turn to teach this last Sunday.  The lesson was on Mother's teaching their children which is a topic I've had some experience with (I was so happy about that!)  I've only been a teacher since last December.  This was my 5th time teaching and I'm still trying to get used to it.  I'm fine with teaching children and even the youth but for some reason, teaching adults is very intimidating to me. 

Anyway, in preparing for this lesson, I was able to think back through all my experiences as a mother and all that being a mother has taught me over the years.  I think I've probably learned more from my children than I've taught them.  How wise Heavenly Father is to let us learn through our experiences.  I've always been better with hands on teaching rather than lectures anyway.  I guess in my ramblings here what I'm trying to say is that I'm so grateful to be a mom and for all the trials and joys involved with being a parent. 

I have to give kudo's to Brad as well - he's so loving and supportive.  He's been great over the last 7 months - offering me words of encouragement when I felt overwhelmed with this calling and helping me with my lesson preparations.  He has such great insight.  He'll read through the lessons and ask me a few questions or make a few comments about the topic and I'm off and running with ideas - things I never would have thought of on my own.  Thank you Brad for all you do to help me and enrich my life.  I don't know what I'd do without you and our wonderful boys.  You guys are my treasures and I'll be eternally grateful to Heavenly Father for guiding us to meet when we did and blessing us with three amazing boys who inspire me to try and be my best.

2 comments:

Lauriann said...

I wish I could sit in and here your lessons. :) Maybe some day.

Lula Marie Henriksen said...

You are a super Mom. What great sons they are. Loving and kind. I'm proud of you. Love forever, from your Mom