ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. ~
Winston Churchill




Saturday, June 13, 2009

Enjoying the Moment


A thunder storm rolled through tonight while I was reading bedtime stories with Winston. He wanted to go watch the lightening so we turned off the lights in the house and sat by the window to watch the storm. Winston was fascinated. He sat on my lap and together we stared out the window waiting for each lightening flash and then listening for the thunder to follow. It was like a spell had been cast over him. He sat so still watching and waiting. He would smile and his eyes would sparkle with each flash of lightening and boom of thunder. There were plenty of oohs and aahs. He loved it and I loved watching his reaction - utter fascination and pure enjoyment. Because our home is surrounded by mountains, the thunder echos here. I love it and I loved this special moment with my son. The storm only lasted for about ten minutes but what a perfect way to end a great day - a wonderful memory making moment. Brad's been out of town today and so it was just my little buddy and me hanging out together. I can't imagine life without this wonderful little boy.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

What a tender post. :) Precious!

Lauriann said...

I have good memories of thunderstorms at the house too.

Like pulling out the candles when the power went out.
Or sitting with Deputy while he shivered through the storm.