ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. ~
Winston Churchill




Friday, February 8, 2013

Fairy Tale Friday


Winston's kindergarten teacher has been doing an activity each week on Friday called Fairy Tale Friday.  She had us parents each sign up for a few time slots and then gave us a fairy tale to present to the class.  We have 30 minutes to read the fairy tale and do an activity of our choosing.  I signed up for three of them. 

The first one I was given was The Three Billy Goats Gruff; second was The Gingerbread Man; and the last one - that I did today - was Henny Penny.  It's been fun to spend time in his class and get to know the kids a little better. 

My favorite one was The Gingerbread Man which we did right before Christmas so it was fun for the kids to talk about making cookies.  I had them make a gingerbread boy ornament with cardstock paper and stickers - they turned out so cute!
This is a picture of our Henny Penny activity - we made chickens with a small paper plate with foam rubber beaks and legs, googley eyes and feathers that they glued on.  My sample is on the right and Winston's chicken is on the left.  I'm kind of sad that it's my last one and wish I had signed up for one more. 

No comments: