ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. ~
Winston Churchill




Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I Love You Dad


I've been thinking about and anticipating this day for the last few months. It's hard to believe that it's been a whole year since my Dad passed away and yet it is. A year ago I received that dreaded 2 AM call from my sister telling me that our father was gone. I can't help but remember all the thoughts and feelings from that day. I've learned the hard way how unpredictable life can be. We never know when our time will be up. I now try not to take things for granted or put things off until tomorrow. Tomorrow may not come. Fortunately, time has dulled the pain but the ache of missing my Dad is still there and probably always will be.

I miss his laugh, his hugs, his advice - just his presence. He was such a wonderful father and I want so much to give him a hug and tell him thank you and that I love him just one more time. I'm so glad that Zack and Bo were able to grow up knowing their grandfather and the wonderful person that he was. At the same time, I'm saddened that Winston will never know him.

My Dad wrote several books compiled from his journals and had them published to share with us. I'm so grateful that my Dad took the time to do this. I value these books so much and know that Winston will at least have a chance to get to know his grandfather through these books.

I love you Daddy and am looking forward to the day we'll all be together again. In the mean time, I'll miss you.

Love, Holly

No comments: